This program seeks to improve climate change communication and adaptation decision-making in response to climate variability and change within the humanitarian sector. It connects humanitarian practitioners from the Red Cross/Red Crescent Climate Centre [RC/RC CC] an affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies [IFRC] with science-policy graduate student researchers at the University of Colorado, to accomplish three specific goals:
- to improve the capacity of humanitarian practitioners within IFRC network at the interface of climate science, policy and practice
- to forge a unique partnership and facilitate collaborations between CU and RC/RC CC
- to help meet needs and gaps as well as work as a research clearing house in the stated themes climate change communication and adaptation decision-making in response to climate variability and change, as identified through RC/RC CC priorities and projects. Read more ...
- Climate-Smart, Ecosystem-Friendly Livelihoods Assessment
prepared by Amy Quandt
- Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (VCA) Report for Climate Change Adaptation Project in Teso and Karamoja
prepared by Arielle Tozier de la Poterie
- Improving Flood Risk Management in Zambia
prepared by Kanmani Venkateswaran
How to 'be Boulder' with climate communications. A webcam session of Paying for predictions
Red Cross/Red Crescent Climate Centre
February 18, 2014
The Climate Centre last Thursday remotely facilitated a session at the University of Colorado-Boulder of Paying for predictions – its popular game illustrating the cost, value and use of early warnings in which players decide whether to invest in forecast-based preparedness for floods. Read more ...
CU-Boulder students focus on aid policies with new Red Cross partnership by Jake Hazan
June 26, 2013
CSTPR faculty and grad students (Dilling, Daly, Boykoff, Quandt,Tozier de la Poterie, and Venkateswaran) highlighted in Colorado Daily article on CU's Red Cross/Red Crescent Climate Centre Internship program.
This project is supported in part by the CU-Boulder Outreach Committee.
Outreach and Engagement University of Colorado Boulder
Center for Science and Technology Policy Research
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
Environmental Studies Program