Talks and Presentations by Center Personnel
Recent and upcoming talks and presentations by Center personnel are as follows:
- Averill, M. Three Degrees: The Law of Climate Change and Human Rights Conference. University of Washington School of Law, May 2009, Seattle (Panelist).
- Averill, M. Framing Natural Resource Management for Climate Resilience. IARU International Scientific Congress on Climate Change, March 2009, Copenhagen.
- Averill, M. What happened in the Poznan, Poland Climate Negotiations? American Bar Association Teleconference, March 2009 (Panelist).
- Averill, M. The Complexities of International Climate Policy. American Meteorological Association Annual Meeting, 2009, Phoenix.
- Averill, M. Bringing the Ethics Debate Home. Side Session Panel on Moral and Ethical Issues that Must be Faced in Implementing the Bali Roadmap, United Nations Climate Conference, 2008, Poznan.
- Cherney, D. Transforming Environmentalism: Death of the Environmental Movement, CU-Boulder, March 6, 2009.
- Cherney, D. Science Policy in Greater Yellowstone, Yale University, February 26, 2009.
- Cherney, D. Organizational Ecology in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, Yale University, February 25, 2009.
- Dilling, L. A new direction for global climate change governance. Poster presentation, Energy Initiative Symposium, November 17, 2008, University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Dilling, L. Climate Change: What Does it Mean to the Denver Region? November 19 and 20, 2008, DRCOG Climate Change Board Study Session on Climate Change and Breakfast Forum, Denver, CO.
- Dilling, L. Communicating about climate change: Moving beyond the myths toward more effective strategies for societal engagement. Invited Presentation, Colorado State University Department of Atmospheric Science, December 3, 2008.
- Dilling, L. U.S. science policy for climate change adaptation: A preliminary evaluation. Oral presentation at the American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting, January 14, 2009, Phoenix AZ.
- Dilling, L. Land use decision making as a driver of carbon sequestration at multiple scales, February 20, 2009.
- Dilling, L. The urgency of the climate change challenge: Is governance “getting in the way” of progress? Oral Presentation, The IARU International Scientific Congress on Climate Change, March 10-12, 2009, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Dilling, L. and E. Failey. Management of carbon across sectors and scales: Insights from land use decision making. Oral presentation at the American Geophysical Union Fall meeting, December 19, 2008, San Francisco, CA.
- Dilling, L. and E. Failey. Land use decision making as a driver of carbon sequestration at multiple scales: A Colorado case study. Plenary Presentation, North American Carbon Program Principle Investigators’ Meeting, February 20, 2009, San Diego, CA.
- Failey, E. and L. Dilling. Understanding Human Decision Making as a Driver for Carbon Sequestration on Land. Poster presentation at the American Geophysical Union Fall meeting, December 17, 2008, San Francisco, CA.
- Hale, B. "Think!" Why You Don't Have to Love Nature to Be Green", November 18, 2008.
Roger Pielke, Jr.
- Pielke Jr., R.A. Uncomfortable Knowledge on Climate Change, Aston University, February 10, 2009.
- Pielke Jr., R.A. Uncomfortable Knowledge about Climate Policy, Oregon State University, February 17, 2009.