Recent Figure Usage in the Media
December 19, 2018
Max Boykoff (CSTPR Director), Olivia Pearman (CSTPR graduate student), Meaghan Daly (CSTPR alumna) and Lucy McAllister's (CSTPR alumna) MeCCO contribution to the 2018 Lancet Countdown Report highlighted in the following news outlets:
- 14 January 2019 World Resources Institute: 7 Environment & Development Stories To Watch In 2019 by Sarah Parsons.
- 10 January 2019 Undark Magazine: It’s Time to Talk About Ecological Grief by Michaela Cavanagh.
- 10 January 2019 Scitech Europa: Climate change linked to depression and anxiety in Canada.
- 10 January 2019 Oneindia: What is NCAP? Know all about National Clean Air Plan by Ajay Mohan Verma.
- 8 January 2019 Stanford Social Innovation Review: Changing the Climate by Leaving “Climate Change” Behind by Robert Russell Sassor & Beth Strachan.
- 8 January 2019 Carbon Brief: Analysis: The climate papers most featured in the media in 2018.
- 8 January 2019 Natural Resources Defense Council: Climate Change Won't Play Fair When It Comes to Kids' Health by Clare Morganelli.
- 7 January 2019 Lawfare: Climate Change and National Security, Part II: How Big a Threat is the Climate? by Michelle Melton.
- 7 January 2019 Yahoo News: Les seniors, premières victimes du réchauffement climatique.
- 6 January 2019 KevinMD: We need to change the way we talk about climate change by Jacob A. Fox.
- 3 January 2019 Common Dreams: Preparing Medical Students for a Warmer World by Christian Cayon.
- 31 December 2018 New Straits Times: Climate change and human health by Zakri Abdul Hamid.
- 28 December 2018 CTV News: How some scientists are trying to get us to care about climate change by Jeremiah Rodriguez.
- 21 December 2018 World Resources Institute: This Month in Climate Science: More Winter Crime, Dying Shellfish, Drier Forests by Kelly Levin and Dennis Tirpak.
- 19 December 2018 Think Progess: Trump’s EPA is trying to undermine climate science by targeting the law by Phil Newell.
- 19 December 2018 Eureka Alert: Decarbonizing health care.
- 19 December 2018 BMJ Opinion: Brexit will increase the UK’s vulnerability to the impact of climate change.
- 15 December 2018 AGI: Gli effetti dei cambiamenti climatici sulla salute by Giovanna Borrelli.
- 13 December 2018 Zeit Online: Die Zahl der Todesfälle durch Hitze steigt.
- 11 December 2018 Star Tribune: December Oddity: Air Quality Alert Posted - No Big Storms Next 10 Days by Paul Douglas.
- 11 December 2018 Eco Watch: Major health study shows benefits of combating climate change by David Suzuki.
- 10 December 2018 Down to Earth: World goes pound foolish over climate-related health risks by Kiran Pandey.
- 10 December 2018 REMI Network: Climate change first responders speak out by Barbara Carss.
- 10 December 2018 Rossland Telegraph: Op/Ed: Climate 'State of Play' update.
- 7 December 2018 The Seattle Times: Climate change is killing our patients by Michael Soman and Mark Vossler.
- 6 December 2018 Earth Island Journal: Climate in the Courts by Zoe Loftus-Farren.
- 6 December 2018 National Geographic: 2019 may be the hottest year yet—here's why by Stephen Leahy.
- 6 December 2018 Brussels Times: Our health care systems ill-prepared for global warming effects.
- 6 December 2018 Phys.org: COP24 Climate and Health Summit To Address Greatest Threat of 21st Century.
- 5 December 2018 Eco-Business: Extremes of heat will hit health and wealth.
- 5 December 2018 Contagion Live: Lancet Countdown Report Highlights Health Consequences of Climate Change: Public Health Watch by Brian Dunleavy.
- 5 December 2018 Irish Times: Responding to climate change good for our health by Sylvia Thompson.
- 5 December 2018 News Today: Heatwaves: The invisible enemy to Indian economy.
- 4 December 2018 Redacción El HuffPost / Europa Press: La mortalidad en el mundo ha aumentado un 4% por los efectos del cambio climático.
- 4 December 2018 The Hill: Here's how climate change is going to make you sick by Dr. Junaid Nabi.
- 4 December 2018 IR Insider: New Report Details Health Effects of Climate Change by Ken Yokokawa.
- 4 December 2018 University Network: New Report Links Climate Change To Health Problems, Premature Death by Hyeyeun Jeon.
- 3 December 208 Physician's Weekly: November 2018 Briefing – Cardiology.
- 3 December 208 Physician's Weekly: November 2018 Briefing – Family Practice.
- 3 December 208 Physician's Weekly: November 2018 Briefing – Allergy.
- 3 December 208 Physician's Weekly: November 2018 Briefing – Infectious Disease.
- 3 December 2018 Ariva.de: Klimaschutz: Ein Investment in die Zukunft.
- 3 December 2018 Kaiser Family Foundation: FT Health Highlights 2 Climate Reports, Features Interview With Rotary International President On Polio Eradication.
- 1 December 2018 Med India: Climate Change Will Widen Inequality Gap in India: Report by Hannah Joy,
- 1 December 2018 The Press: More people are feeling health effects of climate change, according to study by Dan Bean.
- 1 December 2018 Hilltop Monitor: Global warming will increase heat-related death and disease.
- 1 December 2018 Click Lancashire: Recent years were warmest on record, warns UN by James Marshall
- 1 December 2018 SB Dirty South Soccer: Climate change threatens the health — United Nations study by Vicki Mclaughlin.
- 1 December 2018 SB Dirty South Soccer: Climate Change and Air Pollution Are Exposing Canadians To High Health Risks by Traci Edwards.
- 30 November 2018 AZo Cleantech: New Report Examines Effects of Climate Change and Air Pollution on Human Health.
- 30 November 2018 Business Insider: The climate apocalypse is becoming a ‘medical emergency.’ Here are 8 ways it could affect your health by Peter Kotecki.
- 30 November 2018 MED India: Air Pollution, Climate Change Can Lead to Millions of Premature Deaths by Adeline Dorcas.
- 30 November 2018 Gulf Today: Climate change biggest global health threat of 21st century, warn doctors.
- 30 November 2018 Drugs.com: November 2018 Briefing - Cardiology.
- 30 November 2018 Affari Italiani: Clima e salute: i cambiamenti climatici sono già un'emergenza sanitaria.
- 30 November 2018 Drugs.com: November 2018 Briefing - Pathology.
- 30 November 2018 Salon: Scientists: Climate change has "dire implications for every aspect of human life" by Nicole Karlis.
- 30 November 2018 Kaiser Family Foundation: Using Health To ‘Humanize’ Climate Change Narrative Could Help Accelerate Efforts To Reduce Impacts.
- 30 November 2018 Financial Times: Climate change and the threat to health by Darren Dodd and Andrew Jack.
- 30 November 2018 Consumer Affairs: Public health is already worsening due to climate change, new report says by Amy Martyn.
- 30 November 2018 Los Angeles Times: As the world warms, deadly and disfiguring tropical diseases are inching their way toward the U.S. by Fred Cohan and Isaac Klimasmith.
- 30 November 2018 New Atlas: Grim report details threats to human health posed by climate change by Anthony Wood.
- 30 November 2018 The Hindu: Cool it: on labour loss due to heatwave.
- 29 November 2018 AgHealth: Lancet Countdown 2018 report shows concerning trends in heat and heat waves, infectious disease and declining food security by Tezira Lore.
- 29 November 2018 Focus Online: Klimawandel: Immer mehr Menschen sind extremer Hitze ausgesetzt.
- 29 November 2018 Wired: The Climate Apocalypse Is Now, and It’s Happening to You by Adam Rogers.
- 29 November 2018 Franceinfo: La santé des personnes vulnérables de plus en plus menacée par le réchauffement climatique.
- 29 November 2018 HealthDay News: Climate Change Ups Heat Deaths, Especially Among Elderly: Report.
- 29 November 2018 Ta Nea: News Story.
- 29 November 2018 Medical Press: Proportion of population vulnerable to heat exposure is rising globally.
- 29 November 2018 Publico: El calentamiento global aumentará las muertes y enfermedades relacionadas con el calor.
- 29 November 2018 Welt: Wie der Klimawandel unsere Gesundheit bedroht.
- 29 November 2018 Dagens Medicin: Klimatförändringar slår mot hälsan.
- 29 November 2018 Canada's National Observer: Medical journal calls on Canada to ramp up climate action, curb air pollution by Mia Rabson.
- 29 November 2018 News Medical: Climate change risks are on the rise globally warn researchers by Ananya Mandal.
- 29 November 2018 Deutschlandfunk Deutschlandfunk: DLF 24.
- 29 November 2018 ZEIT Online: Klimawandel gefährdet die Gesundheit.
- 29 November 2018 Rinnovabili: Sempre più forti gli impatti dei cambiamenti climatici sulla salute.
- 29 November 2018 First Post: In 4 years, 200% more Indians exposed to heatwaves, billions of hours in labour lost by Tish Sanghera.
- 29 November 2018 Carbon Brief: The Lancet: Extreme heat threatens ‘systemic failure’ of hospitals by Daisy Dunne.
- 29 November 2018 World Economic Forum: Why climate change is the biggest global health threat of the century by Theo Hannides.
- 29 November 2018 MSN: Der Klimawandel macht krank.
- 29 November 2018 Bljesak: Globalno zagrijavanje: Rast ce broj bolesti i smrti.
- 29 November 2018 Gazeta.ru: News Story.
- 29 November 2018 Medical Press: Australia is not prepared for climate change health impacts by Niki Widdowson.
- 29 November 2018 ABC Nyheter: FN: 2018 kan bli blant de fire varmeste årene.
- 29 November 2018 Deutsches Ärzteblatt: Klimawandel: Hitzewellen bedrohen vor allem ältere Menschen.
- 29 November 2018 Yahoo: Heatwave Britain could see rise in violence, suicide and self harm, major report warns.
- 29 November 2018 Science Daily: Climate change and air pollution damaging health and causing millions of premature deaths.
- 29 November 2018 Hälsoliv: Så slår klimatförändringarna mot vår hälsa.
- 29 November 2018 Ärzte Zeitung: Gesundheit der Menschen: Klimawandel wird zur Gefahr.
- 29 November 2018 HealthDay News: Climate change increases heat-related disease, death, new report warns.
- 29 November 2018 NRK: FN: 2018 i rute til å bli tidenes fjerde varmeste by Kristian Elster.
- 29 November 2018 Fierce Healthcare: Practices Doctors add voices to fears climate change is posing health risks around the globe by Joanne Finnegan.
- 29 November 2018 American College of Physicians: In Wake of Recent Reports, Internists Call for Immediate Action to Address Climate Change by Ana María López.
- 29 November 2018 Inquisitr: Climate Change Can Affect Your Health, New Study Says by Melissa Binns.
- 29 November 2018 News Medical: New report reveals effects of climate change, air pollution on human health.
- 29 November 2018 Fortune: Extreme Heat Cost Humans 153 Billion Lost Work Hours in 2017 by Brittany Shoot.
- 29 November 2018 Tech Times: International Report Says Climate Change Causing Cascading Health Issues by Diane Samson.
- 29 November 2018 NU.NL: Arsten noemen klimaatverandering grootste gevaar voor wereldgezondheid.
- 29 November 2018 Scoop: Lancet Countdown Climate and Health Report.
- 29 November 2018 Quartz India: Besides killing people, India’s heatwaves could also ravage its economy by Maria Thomas.
- 29 November 2018 Times of India: 40 million more Indians hit by heatwaves in 5 years: Report.
- 29 November 2018 Daiji World: Heatwaves saw output of Indian workforce declining 7% in 2017: Lancet.
- 29 November 2018 Phys.org: Global Climate and Health Alliance Reaction to Lancet Countdown Climate and Health Report.
- 29 November 2018 Irish Times: Rising temperatures exposing populations to higher health risks, says report by Kevin O'Sullivan.
- 29 November 2018 Dutch Times: Thousands a year die from effects of pollution in NL: study.
- 29 November 2018 Spiegel Online: Wie die Erderwärmung unsere Gesundheit gefährdet.
- 29 November 2018 Deutsche Welle: Climate change: 2018 set to be one of hottest ever years.
- 29 November 2018 Times of India: Beijing plans 48 lakh charging points by 2022, Delhi doesn’t by Ritam Halder.
- 29 November CU Boulder Today: Health and climate report warns of future risks.
- 28 November 2018 Mother Jones: A New Report Finds That Climate Change is the World’s Worst Public Health Crisis by Rowan Walrath and Rebecca Leber.
- 28 November 2018 London Evening Standard: Heatwaves linked to climate change pose increasing global health risk, worldwide study shows by Sean Morrison.
- 28 November 2018 BT News: Heatwaves pose increasing global health risk, say scientists.
- 28 November 2018 CTV News: Greenhouse-gas emissions killing Canadians: medical journal.
- 28 November 2018 BuzzFeed News: Climate Change Is Going To Have Huge Effects On Health And Scientists Want To Change Policy To Prepare by Elfy Scott.
- 28 November 2018 Indian Express: Global warming increasing death, disease risk: Study.
- 28 November 2018 Global News: Climate change means more disease, deaths for Canadians, Lancet report finds by Leslie Young.
- 28 November 2018 Canadian Press: Lack of progress on climate change is putting Canadians' health at risk, doctors say.
- 28 November 2018 Thomson Reuters Foundation: Climate change 'biggest global health threat' of century, doctors warn by Laurie Goering.
- 28 November 2018 CNN: Climate change is already here, and heat waves are having the biggest effect, report says by Nina Avramova.
- 28 November 2018 USA Today: Extreme heat from climate change a 'medical emergency,' sickening tens of millions worldwide by Doyle Rice.
- 28 November 2018 Guardian: Climate change already a health emergency, say experts by Damian Carrington.
- 28 November 2018 New York Times: Study Warns of Cascading Health Risks From the Changing Climate by Somini Sengupta and Kendra Pierre-Louis.
- 28 November 2018 Inside Climate News: World Health Leaders: Climate Change Is Putting Lives, Health Systems at Risk by Phil McKenna.
MeCCO's contribution to the 2017 Lancet Countdown Report highlighted in the following news outlets:
- Canadian Homesteading: Global Warming Caused A Significant Increase In Infectious Diseases Virulence, Apr 16, 2018
- Xinhuanews: Australia to join global initiative tracking progress on health, climate change, Apr 16, 2018
- Eurekalert: Australia to join global health and climate change initiative, Apr 15, 2018
- Carbon Brief: The climate papers most featured in the media in 2017, Jan 24, 2018
- Cochrane Eagle: Carbon tax addresses fracking concerns, Nov 30, 2017
- National Observer: Treating the climate with coal phase-out, Nov 29, 2017
- KGNU's How on Earth Program: Lancet Countdown on Climate Change, Nov 14, 2017
- Huffington Post Australia: The Queensland Election is a Referendum on the Future of Coal, Nov 14, 2017
- Industry Today: Engineering consultancy firm calls for greater action against poor air quality, Nov 13, 2017
- Newspaper's Correspondent: Delhi choked by pollution but Modi minister denies link with deaths, Nov 12, 2017
- Hindu Business Line: Approaching the sky’s limit, Nov 8, 2017
- IISD Reporting Services: Lancet Commission: Action on Climate Change Brings Health Benefits, Nov 7, 2017
- American Thinker: Medical Journals and the Global Warming Noble Lie, Nov 7, 2017
- Financial Express: Coal, the killer investment without a future, Nov 6, 2017
- Zee Business: Climate change cost the global economy $129.4 billion in 2016, Nov 5, 2017
- National Observer: How to resolve the planet's 'biggest health threat', Nov 3, 2017
- Thomson Reuters Foundation: Coal - the killer investment without a future, Nov 3, 2017
- The Guardian: Red alert on hotter Earth as CO2 levels hit record high, Nov 2, 2017
- The Nation: Shortfall in climate action is 'catastrophic': UN, Nov 1, 2017
- Forbes: Extreme Weather Caused $129 Billion Of Economic Losses Globally Last Year, Nov 1, 2017
- NBC News: Climate change already hurting our health and economy, report warns, Nov 1, 2017
- News Medical: Climate change is already affecting health, warn experts, Nov 1, 2017
- The Hindu: Climate change: Asia tops in news coverage, trails in research, Nov 1, 2017
- News and Star: Air quality report 'out of date', says Carlisle councillor, Nov 1, 2017
- Sinchew: US$129bn in extreme weather losses last year, Nov 1, 2017
- La Croix International: Study: Global warming poses severe health threat, Nov 1, 2017
- VOA: Study: Climate Change Harms Health Worldwide as Millions Swelter.
- Alive for Football: Researchers Claim Climate Change Affecting Our Health, Nov 1, 2017
- Wales Online: The Welsh towns and cities with the most toxic air in the UK, Nov 1, 2017
- Gears of Biz: Climate Change Is Making Millions Of People Sick Right Now, Nov 1, 2017
- Click Lancashire Independent News: Researchers Claim Climate Change Affecting Our Health, Nov 1, 2017
- Smart Cities Dive: 3 charts that illustrate the health impact of global climate change, Nov 1, 2017
- Asharq Al-Awsat: Climate Change Affects People’s Health Worldwide, New Study Says, Nov 1, 2017
- GK Men: Climate change already damaging health of millions globally, report finds, Nov 1, 2017
- Axios: Report: Impact of climate change on humans "potentially irreversible", Oct 31, 2017
- Independent: Climate change could force more than a billion people to flee their homes, says major health report, Oct 31, 2017
- The Hindu: In numbers — How climate change affects health, Oct 31, 2017
- NPR: How Climate Change Is Already Affecting Health, Spreading Disease, Oct 31, 2017
- AP News: Doctors: Global warming is taking a toll on people’s health, Oct 31, 2017
- Time Magazine: Study: Climate Change Is Damaging the Health of Millions of People, Oct 31, 2017
- USA Today: Climate change's impact on human health is already here — and is 'potentially irreversible,' report says, Oct 31, 2017
- Telegraph: Why Eastbourne is among the most polluted towns in Britain, Oct 31, 2017
- Guardian: Climate change isn’t just hurting the planet – it’s a public health emergency, Oct 31, 2017
- Journal.ie article: There's been a rise in weather-related disasters of almost 50% and it's being blamed on climate change, Oct 31, 2017
- News Max: Climate Change Is Harming Health of Millions, Oct 31, 2017
- Orissa Post: Indoor pollution killed 1.24 lakh across India in 2015: Lancet, Oct 31, 2017
- Public Sector Executive: New sustainable transport funding needed with 44 cities above air quality guidelines, Oct 31, 2017
- Refinery29: Climate Change Is Doing More Damage Than You Think, Oct 31, 2017
- Scroll.in: Four charts that show how climate change is hurting India’s health, Oct 31, 2017
- Common Dreams: Lancet Study Warns of Global Health Crisis and 1 Billion Climate Refugees by 2050, Oct 31, 2017
- Digital Journal: Asheville NC Climate Company Sponsors Climate Education for Professionals, Oct 31, 2017
- Down To Earth: Between 1990 and 2016, 2,843 climate disasters affected 4·8 billion people: Lancet report, Oct 31, 2017
- European Public Health Alliance: Lancet Countdown & EPHA Policy Briefing I Tackling Climate Change and Air Pollution, Oct 31, 2017
- UK Health Alliance on Climate Change: Research shows 44 UK cities breach World Health Organization guidelines on air pollution as government fails to meet commitment that could help save UK £22.6 billion per year, Oct 31, 2017
- LocalGov: 44 UK cities in breach of international air quality guidelines, Oct 31, 2017
- Newburgh Gazette: Climate Change Already Hurting Our Health and Economy, Oct 31, 2017
- Fleet News: 44 UK cities breach WHO guidelines on air pollution, Oct 31, 2017
- Cable Lifestyle: Study: How climate change is damaging health of millions globally, Oct 31, 2017
- Axios: Impact of climate change on humans, Oct 31, 2017
- Daily Democrat News: Climate Change is Complicating the Whole Host of Health Challenges, Oct 31, 2017
- Outlook India: Indoor Air Pollution Killed 1.24 Lakh People In India In 2015: Lancet Report, Oct 31, 2017
- Phys.org: New report shows that inaction on climate change has 'jeopardised human life', Oct 31, 2017
- Australian News Limited: Climate change harming health worldwide, Oct 31, 2017
- About Manchester: So how dirty is the Manchester air?, Oct 31, 2017
- Ecologist: New Lancet study shows it’s time to take our medicine on climate change, Oct 31, 2017
- Financial Express: Climate change has made mosquitoes deadlie, Oct 31, 2017
- Hindustan Times: Carbon dioxide levels hit record high in 2016: Here’s what it means for India, Oct 31, 2017
- The Wire: New Global Report Furthers Bad Outlook for India on Climate Change, Health, Oct 31, 2017
- Guardian: Climate change already bringing disease, air pollution and heatwaves, Oct 31, 2017
- Liberation: Dérèglement climatique : la santé mondiale en danger, Oct 31, 2017
- Medical Press: Health impacts of climate change already felt today, Oct 31, 2017
- Washington Post: Climate change fueling disasters, disease in 'potentially irreversible' ways, report warns, Oct 30, 2017
- Daily Mail: Climate change is already killing people and will become the biggest health threat of the 21st century, experts warn, Oct 30, 2017
- Trinity Mirror: Study reveals shock rise in weather-related disasters, Oct 30, 2017
- iNews: Climate change ‘irreversibly’ damaging public health, Oct 30, 2017
- New York Times: Climate Change Is Bad for Your Health, Oct 30, 2017
- CNN News: 2,100 cities exceed recommended pollution levels, fueling climate change, Oct 30, 2017
- The Verge: From heat stress to malnutrition, climate change is already making us sick, Oct 30, 2017
- Reuters: Climate change harms health worldwide as millions swelter: study, Oct 30, 2017
- Welcome UK: Climate change already damaging the health of millions, Oct 30, 2017
- Carbon Brief: Impact of climate change on health is ‘the major threat of 21st century’, Oct 30, 2017
Past Figure Usage in the Media
April 6, 2018
January 10, 2018
March 7, 2016